We believe that the best way to go through the pregnancy smoothly is to stay fit, get informed and connect to other local mums to be.
1. Online information: check http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy for general useful information about pregnancy. NHS also gives some useful checklist, like this one on what you need to prepare two weeks before your due date: www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/pack-your-bag-for-birth.aspx#close
2. Useful books to keep at home as a quick reference:
a. What to expect when you are expecting (www.amazon.co.uk/What-Expect-When-Youre-Expecting-ebook/dp/B003ATPQDO)
b. Your baby week by week (www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Baby-Week-By-ultimate/dp/0091910552)
3. Fitness alternatives: There is a range of classes for mums to be. Our favourites are:
a. Triyoga is always offering amazing choice of yoga classes (www.triyoga.co.uk/camden). It is a pity that it is moved from Primrose Hill but Camden is still doable;
b. If you would like something more local, there are smaller studios in Maida Vale and St. John’s Wood (e.g. iHuman), we (www.3HouseClub.com) also run Sunday pregnancy yoga at 9:30 with amazing Zoe from justyellowyoga.com.
c. If you are looking for something different, try local pregnancy ballet with The Nest (www.thenestmaternity.co.uk/exercise-classes).
4. Networking with other local pregnant women:
c. NCT local brunches run local antenatal courses and bumps & babies events which is a great way to meet local mums. There is one run at 3 House Club for St. John’s Wood on a weekly basis. Let us know if you would like to join.
d. We are holding a free networking event at 3 House Club next Thursday, June 18 at 18:30. It is a free event, but please email info@3HouseClub.com to register.
5. Local online mums forums:
a. The best Facebook page with active and responsive local mums is Maida Vale Parents2Parents.
b. I also find Karin from NW8 Mums very helpful with advice about particular issues and general information (NW8-mums.com)
Next time we will be writing about top local alternatives for labour, breastfeeding and night nurses. Feel free to drop us email at info@3HouseClub if you have any particular questions or if you would like to join us next week for our free mums to be networking event.