5 tips to have a smooth pregnancy
We believe that the best way to go through the pregnancy smoothly is to stay fit, get informed and connect to other local mums to be.
1. Online information: check http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy for general useful information about pregnancy. NHS also gives some useful checklist, like this one on what you need to prepare two weeks before your due date: www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/pack-your-bag-for-birth.aspx#close
2. Useful books to keep at home as a quick reference:
a. What to expect when you are expecting (www.amazon.co.uk/What-Expect-When-Youre-Expecting-ebook/dp/B003ATPQDO)
b. Your baby week by week (www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Baby-Week-By-ultimate/dp/0091910552)
3. Fitness alternatives: There is a range of classes for mums to be. Our favourites are:
a. Triyoga is always offering amazing choice of yoga classes (www.triyoga.co.uk/camden). It is a pity that it is moved from Primrose Hill but Camden is still doable;
b. If you would like something more local, there are smaller studios in Maida Vale and St. John’s Wood (e.g. iHuman), we (www.3HouseClub.com) also run Sunday pregnancy yoga at 9:30 with amazing Zoe from justyellowyoga.com.
c. If you are looking for something different, try local pregnancy ballet with The Nest (www.thenestmaternity.co.uk/exercise-classes).
4. Networking with other local pregnant women:
c. NCT local brunches run local antenatal courses and bumps & babies events which is a great way to meet local mums. There is one run at 3 House Club for St. John’s Wood on a weekly basis. Let us know if you would like to join.
d. We are holding a free networking event at 3 House Club next Thursday, June 18 at 18:30. It is a free event, but please email info@3HouseClub.com to register.
5. Local online mums forums:
a. The best Facebook page with active and responsive local mums is Maida Vale Parents2Parents.
b. I also find Karin from NW8 Mums very helpful with advice about particular issues and general information (NW8-mums.com)
Next time we will be writing about top local alternatives for labour, breastfeeding and night nurses. Feel free to drop us email at info@3HouseClub if you have any particular questions or if you would like to join us next week for our free mums to be networking event.