After-school clubs for 5 to 8 years old children in St. John's Wood, London
3 House Club, St. John’s Wood offers a range of classes for children from 5 to 8 years old. You can drop off your child to the class and come and pick him/her up later (subject to letting the teacher know that it is a drop off). If your child attends a school in St. John’s Wood, near the club, we can pick up your child up for you after school, give him/her a snack and then take him/her to the class.
Here are our after-school clubs (see summary schedule here):
- Healthy Cooking with Laura, Monday at 15:30-16:15 for 5-8 yrs old. The good way for your children to cook and taste flavoursome dishes. We believe in the importance of learning the benefits of a healthy balanced diet from a very early age. We will allow your children to use various cooking items, help them to develop their fine motor skills, senses and expand their vocabulary. They will try new flavors, textures and learn through entertainment as it is often a factor for success.
Explore art and art history, Mondays at 16:15 for 4-6 yrs old: A unique art class in the whole of the St. John’s Wood, Maida Vale and Primrose Hill area, as children learn about art history by reproducing the style of certain period of art in their own work. The programme ranges from the art of the Ancient civilisations of Egypt and Greece, to the art of the Renaissance era, Impressionism, and Modern Art. Ema teaches the kids many painting techniques (such as Van Gogh's paint brush technique, Picasso's cubist technique) so that they can create their own masterpieces!
Explore art and art history (scholarship support), Mondays at 17:00 for 7-11 yrs old. Ema Marcu’s (emanuelamarcu.com) fine art projects range from painting, printmaking and installation art to collaborative, interdisciplinary art projects, participatory art and artistic interventions within the educational space.
Children will discover their own unique brushstroke style and to discover their personal colour composition schemes. Support for art-scholarship’s portfolio building (Ema has a successful track-record in preparing students).
Magic Sculpting with Natalia, Wednesdays at 16:15 for 5-10 yrs old. This class does not only boost creativity but also manipulating a piece of clay develops the child’s large and small muscles. Clay play fosters eye-hand coordination. Soft clay is receptive and responsive to all kinds of emotional expression. Clay is so fascinating that some children work for long periods without any adult motivation to maintain their interest. It can be a great way to extend the attention span of some children.
- Street Dance with Cesa Zuniga, from 16:15 for kids aged from 5-6 years old. Learn the coolest moves in town and have fun with Cesa Zuniga! Cesa is a professional street dance instructor and performer from New York City.
- Chess club, Saturdays at 9:30 – this is a beginners class and requires a minimum term commitment.
- Modern/Tap Dance, Saturdays, 9:30-10:15 - Modern Jazz develops many different movements to a broad choice of rhythms and musical styles. Classes are structured to begin to prepare the physical strength and flexibility required to demonstrate emotion through interpretation exploring contrast between expansion and relaxation, fluidity and isolation. Tap is a great way to increase fitness, fast footwork and musicality. Age group: 4.5-6 years old.
- Ballet with Maida Vale Ballet School, Saturdays, 10:15-11:00, 6-8 yrs old. This class prepares our students for Grate 1 exam at the Royal Academy of Dance.
We also run school break (holidays) camps for 3-8 years old kids - please see our schedule here.
We are looking forward to meeting you at 3 House Club, St. John’s Wood and please drop us a line at info@3HouseClub.com if you have any questions.
Remember to download our free 3 House Club app to see live schedule and sign in into the classes!