After having children, family life changes. The woman's priorities change and it can have a negative impact on her relationship with the husband.
If you feel your relationship in the family can be better, our local mum and phycologist Rivka suggested a great book to have a look at The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert by John Gottman.
The book reminds couple how to build friendship which will make a base for a lasting and happy marriage. If you do not have time to read it all, here is a short cut to ensure a better marriage or so called 5 magic hours per week:
1) Partings: before your part in the morning, make sure you learn one thing which is happening in your spouse's life that day - 2min/day x5 working days = 10 min;
2) Reunion: engage in the stress-reducing conversation at the end of each work day - 20 min/day x5 days = 1hr 40 mi
3) Appreciation and admiration: find some way every day to express sincere appreciation towards your souse (5 min x 7 days = 35 min)
4) Affections: kiss/hold/etc during the time you are together and kiss before going to sleep (5minx7 days = 35 min);
5) Weekly date: talk to each other in a relaxing environemnt and ask each other questions about what is going on in your partner's life to reconnect (2hours/week).
Let us know if it made any difference in your marriage!